JRuby: An Introduction and Install Guide
Published: 23 Jul 2007
What is JRuby?
Why Should I Use JRuby?
- Leverage both Java and Ruby libraries (gems)
- Use existing Java platform to deploy Ruby or Ruby on Rails applications.
- The ability to call or extend Java classes from Ruby (including Spring-managed Java beans)
- Leverage the non-verbose and more pleasant experience of writing code with Ruby.
How do I Install JRuby?
- Download and install JDK 1.4 or later.
- Download JRuby 1.0
- Unpack the JRuby archive and add
- Test your install by typing a command such as
Although this book isn't available until September, 2007, it will be the only published book devoted exclusively to JRuby: