JetBrains Announces JRuby Support for Ruby Plugin
Oleg Shpynov, the lead for the IntelliJ IDEA Ruby plugin, announced JRuby support will be available as part of a public beta version due out in early September.
New Features will include:
- Scope based autocompletion and resolving
- Rename for local variables and fields
- Javadoc like help for ruby classes, modules, methods, etc
- JRuby run configurations support, that allows you to run scripts using JRuby interpreter.
In the future we'll planning to have full JRuby support, with
- navigation, resolve, autocomplete for Java classes.
Opportunity to run current script / test method / all test methods in class / all test methods in given location